- avoid direct sunlight or tanning beds for 24 hours prior to getting waxed.
- clean & exfoliate gently to help rid dead cells around skin pores and hair follicles, providing an easier waxing service for both you and your artist.
- avoid using oils, lotions, deodorants in areas that will be waxed.
- to help with pain, you may take tylenol 30-45 minutes before your wax appointment. (avoid aspirin or ibuprofen as they can thin the blood)
- you will need about 2 weeks of hair growth, that is about a 1/4 inch for fine hair and 1/2 inch for coarse hair. you should be able to grab it really well between your thumb and fingers.
- avoid direct sunlight or tanning beds, sexual activity, swimming pools, and hot tubs for 24 hours after getting waxed.
- exfoliate. use a gentle exfoliate to help rid the waxed area of dead-skin buildup and allow the new hairs to grow in unhindered. begin exfoliating the day after getting waxed. when waxed, your pores are open and vulnerable and therefore more susceptible to bacteria.